Love parks and being outdoors? King County Parks Youth Conservation Corps (YCC) is a PAID summer internship program for teens interested in jobs in parks and the environment. Ten positions are open to all students entering grades 10-12 who attend school in King County.
2023 YCC Program
When: July 10 – August 16, 2023, every Monday – Thursday
Where: TAF Bethaday Community Learning Center, 605 SW 108th St, Seattle, WA 98146
Pay: $17.71 per hour, 22 hours per week
Who: All King County students entering grades 10-12 and at least 15 years old at start of program
Application info: No resume or cover letter required – just fill out a King County job application between February 13 – April 16, 2023.
What: Interns work with King County Parks & Recreation staff at multiple Parks locations in King County to better understand the breadth and depth of environmental justice, ecological restoration, and parks and recreation management practices.
The King County Parks Youth Conservation Corps strives to support the career interests of a new generation of environmental leaders who represent the diversity of King County’s communities.
- Engage in discussions about the intersections of race and the environment
- Lead conversations with other interns on self-selected topics
- Develop and build-upon career skills such as writing, public speaking, and interviewing
- Become familiar with land management practices and the multiple facets of a park agency
- Network with Parks staff, community leaders, and environmental professionals
- Explore solutions to problems impacting human and environmental health.
- Participate in workshops about local environmental challenges
Applications for the 2023 Youth Conservation Corps opens February 13.
Stay in touch about upcoming programs
Can’t participate in the 2023 program? Interested in applying in future years? Sign up for the YCC email list for future news and application dates.